This Web site, located at P.O. Box 2425, Palatine, Illinois 60078 (this "Site") is operated by Trevi Media, Inc. (referred to collectively herein, along with its affiliates, as "Trevi" or "we" or "us" or "our").
Your privacy is important.
At Trevi Cards, we know that your privacy is important to you. It's important to us, too. That's why we want you to know about the personal information we collect, how we use that information and with whom it may be shared, in connection with your use of this Site.
You're always in control.
- To see (or change) your current member information in your user account, click "My Profile" in "My Account." (You will need to do this for each account, if you have more than one account.) If you wish to change information offline, or if there are circumstances in which you wish to have your spouse, relative, or other trusted friend have access to your information, please write to us at Trevi Cards, P.O. Box 2425, Palatine, IL50078 or e-mail us as provided in your Membership Agreement.
- For information about how you can change your preferences regarding the use and disclosure of your contact information for marketing purposes, see the "Your Opt-Out Rights" section below.
Here's the information we gather:
- When you register at this Site, we ask for certain basic information to service your account: for example, name, shipping and billing addresses, e-mail address, phone number and credit card and other payment information. We may also collect certain demographic information such as your music preferences, age, gender, geographical location, language, time zone, income and education. (Some of the information we ask for may be optional.)
- We may also ask you to indicate a main Listening and Viewing Preference. This enables us to customize your shopping experience when you come to this Site. You may change your Listening and Viewing Preference at any time. To change your current Listing and Viewing Preference, click "My Profile" in "My Account."
- You may have the option to use certain services, such as Tell A Friend, which may require you to provide us with transmittal information for your friends or family. We only use this information to provide requested services.
- Naturally, we also pay attention to what you buy, we keep track of your shopping, purchases, traffic patterns, the pages you visit, and related site usage inside our website. This helps us to understand your musical tastes more fully and to present you with better recommendations, more relevant offers, important news about artists and other announcements we think may interest you.
- We may conduct some or all of these activities through our third party service providers, who provide these services on our behalf.
Your credit card information:
- You can pay for your purchases on your credit card. We may also (but we have no obligation to) allow you to pay by invoice. If you give us your credit card number through this Site, we'll keep your credit card information on file, but we have designed this Site not to display the entire credit card information at this Site. Plus, you can always choose to change to a new card or delete one of your credit cards entirely from our files. To see (or change) your current credit card status, click "My Profile" in "My Account."
Why your transactions are secure.
- We use industry standard encryption technology to safeguard your transactions. The technology used is SSL (Secure Socket Layer), which is supported by all web browsers that are version 4.0 or newer. Your information, including your credit card information, is encrypted as it travels over the Internet using encryption strengths that are standard in the industry. Upon our receipt, it is stored on a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites. Please be careful whenever sending personal information to us via the "Contact Customer Service" feature on this Site or by e-mail. For example, do not send us your account password or credit card information via these methods, as they may not be a secure means of transferring information.
- Our employees with access to your personal information are trained to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling.
- We have designed this Site not to display your full credit card information.
- Your account is password-protected. You must use your password to submit an order or view your personal information in your account. This Site is designed to sign you out automatically if your session remains inactive for more than 20 minutes. If you share a computer, we recommend that you always sign out before leaving it unattended.
- In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail.
- When you visit this Site, we may collect technical information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual. This information may include, for example, the address (or "URL") of the website that you came from before visiting this Site, which pages you visit on this Site, which computer platform, monitor, web browser and related software and settings you used to view this Site and any search terms you have entered on this Site or a referral site. This technical data is aggregated and used to measure and improve the effectiveness of this Site. We may collect your IP (Internet Protocol) address and/or domain name to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, see where our site traffic is coming from and identify our users. We may also collect other information via this Site, such as site usage activity and preferences, also known as demographic or profile data. We may combine these types of technical data with your personal information. We may conduct some or all of these activities through our third party service providers, who provide these services on our behalf.
What you should know about cookies:
- Cookies are small pieces of information that we may send through your browser or other software to your hard drive. A cookie lets us recognize you and provide a more meaningful and personalized shopping experience when you come back to our site.
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies automatically, but you can change this setting. However, you may need to leave your cookies "on" in order to take full advantage of the features of this Site. If your cookies are "off," see your browser's "help topics" to learn how to change the setting. Additionally, in the event that we use Flash cookies, your Flash player can be set to accept, reject or delete them.
With whom is information shared?
- We may release specific personal information for the following reasons: We may use outside companies to host and maintain this Site, to provide you with certain merchandise you purchase, to provide some of the services you use on our sites as well as for managing some of our internal operations such as data analysis and e-mails. As a result, these companies do have access to specific information necessary to perform these services, but we require them to keep this information confidential and not to use it for any other reason. We will release your personal information to the proper persons when we believe, in good faith, that we are required to comply with a law or legal process, cooperate with or participate in legal investigations, enforce our user agreements or protect the rights, property or safety of Trevi Cards or other persons or entities.
From time to time we provide aggregate statistics about our customers, site traffic, sales and other site-related information to reputable companies. "Aggregate" is the key word here. You can be assured that we never include, within such "aggregate statistics, information that allows these companies to identify you individually. Of course, if you have registered in an outside customer reward program in which Trevi Cards is a participating merchant, we will provide your reward program with the necessary information about your purchases so that you can be awarded your points or other rewards.
Your Opt-Out Rights:
We never sell or rent your name and e-mail address to other online marketers of products or services without your consent. You make the decisions on how you would like to hear from us and if you are interested in receiving valuable offers from other reputable marketers of products and services. You can change your preference at any time by going to "My Profile" in the "My Account" section of this Site. In addition, all promotional e-mail that you receive from Trevi Cards will always allow you to unsubscribe to future e-mail promotions from Trevi Cards if you decide to do so at a later date.
Postal Mailing Lists:
We make our postal mailing list available to selected companies whose products and services we think you will enjoy. Once again, you have the option of removing your name and address from our mailing list by simply writing to us at Trevi Cards, P.O. Box 2425,Palatine, IL60078 or send us an e-mail requesting to remove your name from our mailing list. Please do not forget to include your account number (but not your password or any other sensitive information!).
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as "single pixel gifs" or "web beacons") to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is generally not personally identifiable (unless, for example, you provide personally identifiable information to them through an ad or e-mail message). We encourage you to read these businesses' privacy policies if you should have any concerns about how they will care for your personal information.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
This Site is a website directed to the general public. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13.